Monday, March 10, 2014

Banana Almond Bites


Clean eating 2014 is still going strong.  I've always been one to eat well, but when reaching for a quick little something to snack on, unless it's been prepared in advance, I usually grab something packaged (like popcorn or granola bars or dare I say it?  Chips! *gasp*).  Over the past few months I've been trying to make snacks from fresh foods - it's not always easy, because lets face it, us Americans want instant gratification when our tummies begin to growl or our energy plummets.  Let me introduce you to one of my easy, protein boosting goto's - Banana Almond Bites.

These remind me of my mom's peanut butter banana sandwiches when I was a kid.  On a good day I'd get a little surprising burst of sweet honey, oozing from the insides.  Good memories.  

I know this recipe is nothing mind blowing or totally original, but I thought I'd share for those looking for little ideas to add to their daily recipe box.

Banana Almond Bites

- 1 Ripe Banana
- Almond Butter (my favorite is Justin's)
- Clover Honey
  1. Slice bananas into 1/2 in pieces. 
  2. Spoon almond butter onto banana slice and top.
  3. Drizzle with honey.
Yummy! You could also sprinkle a little protein powder on top for an extra energy boost. And if you wanted to get really creative with it - you could spear them with toothpicks and dip them in melted dark baking chocolate and freeze for a sweet little treat. (I may have to do that and report back with the results.)

What are your fresh and easy goto snacks?  Would love to hear!

XO
d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD