Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Liebster Award


Hi Sweet Friends,
I missed you while I was away enjoying time with my family.  We had a wonderful time exploring the Central West Coast.  I'll be sure to share a few pics later this week.

While I was away, I was nominated for the Liebster Award not once, but TWICE!  I'm flattered!!  Thank you so much to Olivia from ThisLooksGoodOnYou and Rebekkah from RebekkahMadeWhole for the nominations.  I couldn't be more honored!


So, What is the Liebster Award?
According to Olivia, “The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.”
The rules for the Liebster Award are…
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you & create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them. {Remember, no tag backs!!}

11 Random Facts About Me :
1. I used to sing shamelessly in the shower until I married and moved in with my hubby...I supposed I was slightly embarrassed by my loud and enthusiastic concert for one. {okay, maybe I sing when he's not home....maybe}
2. I did ballet and other forms of dance for 10 years and I love getting my zumba on, but I'm far too embarrassed to get my grove on at a wedding or anywhere public.  
3. I am gluten free and while usually I'm ok with it {and I make it sound as if there's no better diet in the world} I sometimes miss those giant, fluffy, buttery, sticky, melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon rolls. Come on, who are we joking here?  Cinnamon Rolls are simply not the same without good ole' gluten!
4. My celebrity crush in high school was Heath Ledger - Brenton still teases me about it...so sad he's no longer alive.  
5. I get a little obsessive over wrapping/decorating Christmas gifts - or gifts in general.  So much so, that hubby gets slight anxiety over wrapping gifts for me.  He feels that his don't quite measure up. {And my mother-in-law saves my wrapping paper...lol!}
{Last year's wrapping supplies...ha!}

6. Shoes & Handbags are my ultimate weaknesses when it comes to fashion.  If I could, I would have closets {yes, that has an "s" on the end of it} full of them!
7. Even though I've been performing in front of audiences since I was a kid, I get sweaty palms and a racing heart when I play an instrument in front of people.
8. I want to learn to speak French fluently.  I took French in high school and totally want to take a trip to France just to rock my sweet French speaking skills.
9. I inherited 4 sisters-in-law, 3 brothers-in-law, a mother-in-law, father-in-law, an adorable neice and a partridge in a pear tree when I married my man.  ;)  {All of whom I love and appreciate}
10. My favorite fragrances are Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, Versace Bright Crystal and Chanel Chance as of late.
11. I am so not a morning person no matter how hard I try.  Anything earlier than 8:00am is painful for me {Sorry Honey, I know this drives you nuts}.  
11 Questions from Olivia :
  1. What was the last book you read?  Platform : Get Noticed In A Noisy World by Michael Hyatt  {I recommend it to my blogging/internet business friends - a valuable resource!}
  2. What was the last article of clothing you purchased and from what store?  A super cute pair of JCrew coral sandals with gold chain embellishments from a great consignment shop in Monterey called Luna Blu.   
  3. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate most definitely!!
  4. Name your top 3 favorite songs on your ipod/iphone/whatever.  Gosh this is hard - how about three favorite artists?? Lately I've been loving Moriah PetersFor King & Country, and Jayme Dee
  5. Who in your life inspires you the most?  My parents inspire me to live a life wholeheartedly for the Lord and my husband inspires me to go for my dreams - he's always so supportive.  My sister amazes me too - she's been one to go after the education she wants and is a fabulous writer!  Can't wait to see what she does career wise.  
  6. What is your favorite movie? I love The Holiday.  It's one of those movies I could watch over and over again and still be in love with it.  I also love action and suspense movies - the latest Batman and The Avengers were both great!  Oh and That Thing You Do is a classic!  Takes me back to dating days with hubby...good memories. :)
  7. Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob? Ha!  Um I have to say Team Edward??  
  8. What is your favorite color to paint your nails?  My go to is a light pink from Sally Hansen Complete Salon series called Shell We Dance?  It goes great with just about any outfit - a nice soft neutral.  
  9. If you could give new bloggers (such as myself) any advice on how to create a successful blog what would it be?  Gosh, I feel like I still have a lot to learn too, but I think the two most important things I've learned are (1) know yourself and be confident in who you are.  With so many bloggers trying to "make it" it's easy to try to sound like each other - find your voice and share it proudly.  And 2, connect with your readers - build community and friendship.  That's one of the best things about blogging, is developing friendships with people who share a common interest and learning and growing with them. :)
  10. What fall fashion trend are you looking forward to the most?  Boots!!!  I LOVE boots!! :)
  11. If you could steal any celebrity’s closet, who would it be? Just one??  Gosh!  I'd have to say Rachel Zoe.  I do love the simplicity and casual elegance of Kate Middleton too - either one would be fine with me!
----
11 {or in this case, 7} Questions from Rebekkah :

1. What's your favorite blog post?  I have to say I was pretty proud of how the photos turned out for my recent Loaded Breakfast Toast post - not to mention it was just scrumptiously delicious!  

2. What are you most looking forward to for the rest of the year?  Introducing you to a few projects I've been working very hard on over the past few months.  And the holidays - I always love Thanksgiving and Christmas!  

3. What's the most embarrassing picture you have of yourself?  I have had plenty of unflattering pictures taken of myself, but none of which are still in my possession - who wants to keep those suckers around??  Not me!

4. How many different places have you lived?  Melbourne, FL {though I don't remember it}; Gulf Breeze, FL ; Ft Lauderdale, FL ; Franklin, TN ; & Monterey, CA - what's that?  5

5. What's your favorite way to tell a story? I love all artistic mediums - painting, writing and songwriting are among my favorites. 

6. What's the most hilarious show you've seen lately? Ok so it's not hilarious and I'm probably going to hear it once I share this, but I have a slight addiction to reality shows such as....say.... Married to Jonas ;)

7. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?  Good question?  He's never in San Diego, that's for sure!



My Nominees:
  1. Happy Wife Happy Life (of course I have to start with my lovely contributors!! ;)
  2. The Grecian Garden
  3. Fashionista Musings
  4. Desiring Providence
  5. Eat Cake
  6. Michaela Noelle Designs {I know you have more than 200 followers, but your blog is precious}
  7. Amber Denae
  8. Throw You a Rose
  9. Anticipation
11 Questions:
  1.  What's your signature Starbucks drink?
  2.  What was the last book you read?
  3.  What was your best summer 2012 memory?
  4.  Who do you confide in?
  5.  What is your dream date night?
  6.  Where do you hope to one day travel?
  7.  What is your favorite thing in your wardrobe?
  8.  Sweatpants or denim?
  9.  Gold or silver?
  10.  Twilight or Hunger Games? ;)
  11.  What inspired you to start your blog?

XO 

5 comments:

  1. thanks for nominating me! I'm with you on the dancing, I only feel comfortable dancing in public when its greek dancing because everyone is doing the same thing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you're so sweet! Thank you for the mention :) I also love wrapping presents at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeee! So glad you are a new follower. Your blog style is spot on my dear. Peonies are my favorite and pink is, well, perfect and feminine! I can't wait to read more. Aren't these awards fun?? I did it too. Love love your answers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! These awards are much deserved! I'm totally obsessive over wrapping too. My co-workers actually have me wrap their Christmas gifts at work! :) I love it!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Thank you so much. What lucky co-workers you have!! ;)

      -d

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD