Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lee Brings A Taste of Fall

I'm struggling to recover from our holiday weekend/tropical storm retreat. We did nothing but bake all weekend. It was a nice little weekend in, filled with rain, rain and more rain. We survived the storm, but did manage to lose a section of our fence. Nothing to worry about, it's already been fixed.




During a lull, hubby and I hopped in the car and took a drive around downtown to survey the damage and to check out the massive ship that's been docked at the pier. I have to admit, it was pretty cool. The ship was huuuge and the storm was just engulfing our little town. While it was nice to get outside for a few minutes, it was pretty amazing to walk around the docks and see the massive waves lapping over the pier and jostling the boats that were docked.




The storm brought unusually cool weather today - yay! It couldn't have been more perfect timing (I mean you need a touch of fall the day Starbucks brings back the Pumpkin Spice Latte, right?;). While I had plenty of downtime, I was less than productive, so getting back on track today was a little tough. On the upside, I got my grocery shopping in, made an amazing dinner (thanks Martha Stewart, you never disappoint), sipped on a pumpkin latte, and received this month's issue of Architectural Digest (it's always a good day when that arrives).




{This was from Martha's latest magazine - it was amazing. Hubby had several helpings.}

I'll be back to my routine by tomorrow, I hope. In the mean time here's a little eye candy. I just adore this little cottage! Would be a great anniversary trip, so cozy & cute.




Oh! And check back this week for a super fabulous giveaway...can't wait to share it with you!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD