Monday, June 3, 2013

Food : Fruity Ice Cubes


I just love fruit!  Especially now that so many of my favorites are in season right now.

I think I mentioned in my Mocha Frappuccino post, that I'm trying to be sugar free {not including the natural sugar of fruit of course}, so I've had to be creative when curbing that craving and satisfying that terrible sweet tooth!  

I've never been a big soda drinker, but I do like a sweet drink from time to time.  So to satisfy that desire for something sweet, I've started filling my ice trays with my favorite fresh fruits and berries and adding them to either plain water, or plain fizzy water.  It's so yummy!  

Not only does your drink look beautiful, but there's a fun, sweet treat awaiting you at the end of that glass. And if you want to take the benefits one step further, you're doing your body a favor - fruits and herbs have been known to help fight free radicals, clear your skin, sooth your digestive system, boost your energy, lower cholesterol and alkalize the entire body!  Why wouldn't you add fruit to your drinks?!

These are a few of my favorite combinations : 

Berrilicious
- Raspberries 
- Blueberries
- Strawberries

Island Delight
- Mango
- Pineapple
- Frozen in Coconut Water

Pucker Up!
- Mint
- Lemon

Just Peachy
- Mint
- Peach

Southern Gal
- Lemon
- Lime
- Rosemary

*Combine your ingredients with about 1 C of room temp water, mix well, cover and let flavors fuze in the fridge over night.  Fill your ice tray and let freeze.


The options are endless, so drink up!

XOXO


- image via Danya Collyer

What are your favorite combinations?  Leave a response in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD