Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Food : Warm Summer Veggie Spaghetti with Artichoke Tapenade

While scanning the shelves at my local Trader Joes earlier last week, I found a yummy looking jar of Artichoke Tapenade.  I couldn't pass it by, so I added it to my pantry and quickly forgot about it.  Yesterday I found myself running an impromptu and very unorganized grocery run - while out, I remembered that little jar of tapenade.  Hmm?  What can I make with that?  Dinner!  I threw some veggies in the cart and headed home.

Now I know tapenade is for topping crackers and crostini, but I thought it would make a nice "sauce" for my summer veggie pasta.  I was right!  This meal turned out perfectly {and beautifully}!  Hubby thought it tasted like a dish from a fancy restaurant, and helped himself to more than one helping.  I'll definitely be making this again.  

Hope you enjoy! 

{Sorry this photo was a quick iPhone snap - next time I'll get a better pic with my Nikon.}

Summer Veggie Spaghetti with Artichoke Tapenade

1/2 lb Spaghetti Noodles, cooked according to package {I use rice, quinoa or corn noodles}
1/4 C Artichoke Tapenade {I'm sure a olive oil and garlic paste or a pesto would work nicely as well}
1 Bunch Asparagus, halved and steamed
1/2 C Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/4 C Sliced Mushrooms, sauteed in olive oil
1 T Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese


  1. Prepare spaghetti as directed.  Meanwhile steam asparagus, and saute mushrooms.
  2. Once fully cooked, drain spaghetti.  Return spaghetti pot to stove and add olive oil, artichoke tapenade and noodles - fold till noodles are coated.
  3. Fold tomatoes, mushrooms and asparagus into noodle mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Serve and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  Enjoy!




-image via danya collyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD