Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Home : The DIY Patio

It's almost midnight and hubby's been asleep next to me for roughly 2 hours - I'm a late night internet junkie.  I love the quiet, the glow of the computer screen against the dark of the night, the silence between subtle mouse clicks and key pecking, and the never-ending inspiration that lies only hyperlinks away from my fingertips.  I sound like someone with a serious problem, right?  {In my defense, I did down a massive cup of coffee around 8:00 pm. We had company and they were drinking it...what's a host to do?}

One of my favorite things about our tiny apartment is the adorable {and incredibly stark} patio space. It counts for about 1/3 of our living space and somehow, 5 months later, we haven't done a thing to it. *sigh*  I've been on the hunt for quaint and budget-friendly patio furniture for quite some time now, but have yet to find anything.  Not without trying though...I bartered with a Target manager for 25 minutes today, hoping she would let me walk out of the store with a super cute bistro set for $125 that had been on sale forever and hadn't budged....it's seriously overpriced.  I lost. {But I'm not so sad anymore.}

During this evening's midnight internet binge, I found some super cute sites of DIY patio inspiration and I couldn't be more excited to get my hunt on!  Forget the store bought sets...I'm going DIY all the way, and I'll be happy to share the end result asap.  Until then, I have some shopping, brainstorming, creating and sewing to do!  Take a look at my inspiration....














1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Do you have a cute outdoor space??  I'd love to see!  Hope you're having a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD