Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Food : Spring Bouquet Popsicles

It's no secret I'm an absolute sucker for flowers.  My instagram is exploding with photos of the fresh florals that grace my coffee table, bed side night stand and bathroom countertop on a regular basis.  I just LOVE them.

Last night while innocently browsing Pinterest, I found this beautiful photo of floral popsicles. Of course I had to follow the link!


Click here to see the full recipe on Marla Meridith's beautiful blog, FamilyFreshCooking.

What a brilliant idea!  Floral popsicles!  Now I've never tasted them, so I can't exactly vouch for how they taste, but oh my goodness - they're beautiful!  What a stunning {and unexpected} touch these would be to a bridal shower, girly birthday party, or refreshing treat to a spring time lunch al fresco.  

I will certainly be making these lovely pops sometime this summer. {Hopefully in the very near future.}  Until then, I need to purchase a popsicle mold.  This looks just like the mold Marla used - Tovolo Star Ice Pop Mold.  And don't forget the sticks!  Also, please, please, please be sure to check this edible flower chart to ensure the flowers you use are indeed edible.  {side note :: I just saw edible gardenias on sale at Whole Foods today in the produce section...who knew??}  

If you are as intrigued as I am by this edible flower recipe, be sure to see Melanie's Quinoa Stuffed Squash Blossoms we posted a few weeks ago.

Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday!  

Lots of love...




- images via Marla Meridith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD