Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm just a girly girl....

Hi Sweet Friends,

So this week is a special week - my sister is here in Monterey visiting for the next TWO weeks!  It's been a blast so far.  It's only been two days and we've already done lots of sight seeing, coffee drinking, picnic-ing, shopping, cooking, antiquing, nail painting, party planning and plenty of other girly activities.  We're pooped!

As a result of her visit, I've finally returned to the kitchen.  My cooking has been sparse since the move, but I'm becoming more comfortable in our tiny apartment kitchen with each meal.  I'm LOVING the vast variety of fresh {and local} produce available here.  Tuesday is Market day {a day I greatly look forward to on a weekly basis - finally, grocery shopping is enjoyable again} and oh my goodness!  The produce is simply amazing.  I've never tasted strawberries, oranges, blackberries & blueberries so sweet.  This week I picked up homemade gluten free, garlic, basil fettucini noodles, locally grown artichokes, portobello mushrooms, asparagus, & a few yummy fruits.  For my sister's arrival brunch I put my own spin on Eggs Benedict {Portobello Eggs Benny} & for dinner last night, I made a homemade Mushroom Alfredo Sauce to accompany our fresh fettucini noodles & also steamed an artichoke {artichokes are a foreign food to this southern girl...I've known them as a canned confection, until recently}.  All that to say, I have lots of yummy recipes to share.  Once I have a minute to sit and think remember the recipes, I'll be sure to share!  Until then, it's movie time and I'm already late!  Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!


{My Lovely Sister at the Wharf}


{GFree Mushroom Fettucini Alfredo}

{Portobello Eggs Benny}

xoxo.d


Oh! P.S. Here's my Valentine's Day shot....I forgot to share.






- All images via my iPhone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD