Monday, May 2, 2011

Domino Affect

I have to apologize for my absence from the blogging world - life since before Easter has been a blur, and with summer rapidly approaching, things are only getting busier.  I wouldn't be me if I didn't have my hands in a million things at once.  I'm sure you'll discover that about me from post-to-post.

I don't know if you remember the magazine Domino, but it's the magazine that started it all - my love for color, texture, bold prints and modern/eclectic design.  It was the magazine that inspired my hot pink bathroom when living with my parents and my obsession with all things aqua/turquoise (I so wish I had pictures of my old room & bathroom, maybe I can dig a few non-incriminating pics up).  I was sick when they announced they were going out of print.  I'm so glad I kept each magazine of my 2 year collection - they now rest on display in my living room.  Anyhow, I've been missing my monthly dose of Domino (though it's been a few years since they've stopped printing).  To honor the affect they've had on me domestically and decoratively, I figured I'd share a few of my favorite pics from past articles.  If you missed the era of Domino, they do have a book they published (which is still available at most chain bookstores and some boutiques) called "Domino The Book of Decorating" - surprisingly, I do not own it.  But now that I think about it, I should.  That may just cure my longing for Domino.

Edit : Okay, so I had a difficult time selecting just a "few" of my favorites.  This is more of a "handful" than a "few," but I figured you wouldn't mind. ;)




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD