Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rustic Tables

Dining tables have recently consumed my decor thoughts, as we don't have one (and so desperately need one).  But I won't settle for just any old dining room table via craigslist (I'm all about a good deal, but when it comes to my dining room table, it needs to make a statement).  I'm certainly a romantic - I love soft pinks and pretty teals, I adore delicate chandeliers, and I am easily comforted by the flicker of a candlelit room, but I also feel that all of those details need to be anchored by something solid, something clean, yet something a little rough around the edges.  I came across this table at West Elm the other day, and I haven't stopped thinking about it since.  What do you think?





It's simple, it's clean, it's a little industrial and a little rustic.  

I've been a fan of Antonio Ballatore (from HGTV's "The Antonio Treatment") since he was on Design Star, and when I caught the makeover he did in his own home, I absolutely fell in love with the table he chose for his own dining room.  It's so rich and rustic, it certainly makes a statement.


I don't know that my dining room would be able to hold such a chunky piece of furniture, but I love what he did with it here.  

Here are a few more tables I discovered.  I just love them all.  Enjoy!










1 comment:

  1. i'm all over your blog tonight :]
    have you heard of restoration hardware? they've got some great rustic pieces. pricey, but good for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD