Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Breakfast Lox & Hash

So I've been in a smoked salmon kick these days.  Over toast, cheese and cucumbers, wrapped in my sushi or over my breakfast hash - I can't get enough of the stuff!  So this morning when my craving hit, I knew just what I was going to make, but first I have a story to share.

A few months ago, hubby and I ventured out to a cute little red cottage cafe for brunch.  To my dismay they were out of eggs, so no omelet for me.  This gfree girl has few options other than eggs when eating out for bfast, so you can imagine my disappointment when the waitress informed us of their outage.  She did, however, let me know that they had a special gluten free lox plate that morning and assured me it was far better than any omelet they could have made.  Left with no other options, I ordered the lox.  To my surprise, fresh lox spread over a bed of potatoes and cream cheese was quickly a new favorite!

Now my smoked salmon kick would not be complete without trying my hand at that delectable little dish I encountered at that quaint cottage cafe.  My version is a little different - and I'd like to think a tad bit healthier, but who's really keeping track here?  To be totally honest, after snapping a few pics, this plate was licked clean in a matter of seconds.  I utterly inhaled the stuff - and I have a feeling you will too!

Enough from me...here's the recipe.





Breakfast Lox & Hash

- 1 Small Package Smoked Salmon {or lox - whatever you desire to call it}
- 1 Bag Frozen Hashbrowns
- Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt {or sour cream, if you wish}
- Capers
- Fresh Dill
- Salt and Pepper
  1. Cook hashbrowns according to package - salt and pepper to your liking.
  2. Transfer hash to your plate, spread 2-3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt over hash and layer salmon over top.
  3. Garnish with 1 tablespoon capers and fresh dill. Enjoy!
Totally simple right?  I'd recommend this one for breakfast guests.  It's easy, packed with flavor and totally impressive!


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD