Friday, September 14, 2012

Fashion Friday : Nine to Five

9-5: Take me to new heights! The essential high-waisted skirt.

Hi All! 

Chesli again.

I cannot tell you where I would be without my straight-as-a-pencil, waist-high skirts. I have come to find that these are essential to my work wardrobe and make any day more breezy. Skirts are my go-to when I want to be effortlessly professional and comfortable.




I ADORE adding a jacket to a high pencil skirt. It's such a great way to bring in texture and dimension.



all via J. Crew

You really can't go wrong with a high-waisted skirt. Just find one that flatters your curves and pair with any shirt: loose and easy button-downs, cap-sleeved, or a modest tank with a cardigan. Don't be afraid to try differently textured skirts.



via Modcloth

I'm also loving the new peplum look, especially Modcloth's "Work With Me" dress that gives the pencil skirt + peplum top illusion but is really a dress. So cute and easy!


     

via Modcloth

This brand, Nauticoco, even makes reversible and detachable peplums! How do ya like them apples? I'm thinking you could add them to a fitted dress, or even use them as a handy cover up for a too-short shirt or too-bunchy shirttail, or a skirt that takes a belt. I haven't seen these locally yet, but I sort of hope they come around soon!


via Nauticoco

That's all for today, folks! Skirts are about as feminine as it gets, so claim it and have fun with it. In the words of my aunt, "Whatever blows your skirt up!"

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD