Monday, May 28, 2012

Honest Housewife : Dearest Friend


Dearest Friend,

My heart beats with excitement and I am thrilled to be in a place of sharing life with you. We are at the beginning of a very beautiful relationship. I just know it!  My prayer is that honesty would connect us here and that there would be no walls between you and I.

Just like you, I am a Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother and Friend. Maybe we don’t share all of the same roles, but within at least one of these realms we do.

Here’s a brief resume of sorts… Just so you can have a better feel for who it is that you’re getting to know.

First and foremost, I am a passionate believer in Jesus Christ and have been as long as I can remember.
I am 27 years old, and live in the beautiful state of Oregon.
And while Oregon is currently my home, I have had the joy of living about a third of my life overseas. {in Europe, Africa & Australia}
The oldest of three, I have a younger sister and brother who are very dear to me.
Though I come from a broken home, it has been mended in its own way, and I am still close with both of my parents.
It has been two and a half years since My Love and I said, “I do”.
Hubby works as an attorney, while I stay at home working to take care of our family.
On March 31st of this year I gave birth to two handsome baby boys.
Known for my big heart, I think it somehow managed to get even bigger now that they’re around!
Aside from Bible College, I have no big degree or piece of paper to prove some lofty education.
The small certifications under my belt are these…
I’ve had Ministry and Leadership training from Bible College.
Went through an intense Equipped To Care counseling course.
I am a certified Montessori pre-school teacher.
First Aid and CPR certified.
I’ve obtained my Food Handlers permit.
And I am a proud published poet {one little poem from the 8th grade}.
I’m pretty much a big shot, right?!

Really, I’m just your average young woman, doing my best to live according to Gods design. I make mistakes and sometimes don’t even learn from them until much later.
I like pretty things and get distracted by the many day-dreams that flood my mind.

It’s 10:23pm right now, and both of my boys are sleeping soundly in their cribs while I’m out on the living room couch, writing to you and wondering when they’ll wake up to eat again.

… Being a woman is tough. What with all the shoes we fill on a daily basis, it’s no wonder we’re known to cry far more often then men do! Cleaning, cooking, managing finances, decorating, preparing, teaching, encouraging… the list goes on and on and on.
As much as our lives get busy and packed with a thousand and one different things, it is so very rewarding! Yes, I’m tired, and my body feels a bit run down {I haven’t slept a full night in 6 weeks-I haven’t even slept a full 4 hours in 6 weeks!}, but still, I am more than ever, glad to be alive, and because of my sacrifice for these boys, I get the privilege of knowing a new depth of love.

So again, I write to you with the hope that honesty would connect us.
You will read of my bad days, and my good. I’m not perfect, not in the slightest!
But I do my best to rise above grumbling and complaining and face life with gratitude in my heart.
God has given me life, and I want so very much to thrive in it!

Thanks for listening!
I pray that this letter finds you well.

Sincerely,
Amber Dawn

-image via amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD