Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Spiced Apple Cider

What a whirlwind the past few weeks have been - I have a feeling it's not going to slow down anytime soon.  We had a fabulous Thanksgiving - woke up to the Macy's Parade and enjoyed it with coffee, gfree pumpkin bread and pj's.  Then we headed to hubby's parent's home and ate lots of turkey and yummy gfree goodies, took the pup for a walk to let the food settle & played lots of wii and ping pong.  It was a very pleasant holiday weekend.

{A few of Hubby's Fam}

{Our tree in all it's glory}

It's tradition to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving in our home, so we carried out tradition and went to select the perfect little tree and brought it home for decorating.  It wasn't exactly chilly, tree decorating weather, so to make things more festive I made homemade Spiced Apple Cider - boy does it make your home smell delicious!!!  I was inspired by my sister-in-law's version of yummy spiced cider the day before, it was so good, I had to make my own (and share with you of course ;).


Spiced Apple Cider


- 1/2 Gallon Apple Cider
- 3-4 Small Apples, rinsed well & skin kept on
- 1 Orange Peel, rinsed well
- 1/2 Lemon Peel, rinsed well
- 2 Spoonfuls of Maple Syrup
- 2-3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1 t Ground All Spice

  1. Toss all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
  2. Let simmer 20-30 minutes.  Enjoy!
(May also be tossed into a slow cooker for several hours.  Makes your home smell divine!)

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Check back this week for a yummy recipe for Homemade Orange Marsala Penne Pasta. (Gluten Free of course)






2 comments:

  1. Um... I think I need to try that cider recipe! Sounds delicious and I'm sure it smells amazing too!
    Love the family photos! NO one should be serious all the time.
    xoxo
    ps- I was painting a little Christmas reindeer and will maybe post a pic of it tomorrow... nothing amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's cute (the reindeer)....I've been meaning to do a little holiday painting myself, you may have just inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Pink Peony Style - Designed by BDD